@pattyjpics asked “How do we find balance?” I struggle with this, as I’m sure many of us do, so I did some research… Having balance means having a handle on your shit, feeling calm, clear-headed, and motivated. I mean who doesn’t want that?!? I found out that there’s an internal and external part to this equation. Too often we get off centered putting too much focus on one or the other. Some people focus on external things, like work, relationships, activities, paying less attention to what is going on with your heart and mind. Versus internally, you might do self reflecting so much that you miss out on experiencing life.
I found Tinnybuddha.com made an outline to help understand:
Internal (Mind, Heart, Health)
- Mind: Challenging yourself intellectually vs. creating opportunities for your mind to rest
- Heart: Giving love vs. receiving love
- Health: Eating, drinking, exercising properly vs. resting and treating yourself to some extra yummies
External (Work, Social, Family, Fun)
- Work: Pushing yourself to achieve goals vs. seeing the bigger picture and enjoying the ride
- Social: Satisfying your social desires vs. taking time for yourself
- Family: Fulfilling your familial responsibilities vs. creating healthy boundaries (its okay say no to people, it’s healthy)
- Fun: Allocating time for things you enjoy doing vs. making sure you don’t overdo it
Take some time to look into different parts of your life. Set some goals and plan! I do this thing called a “Will Do” list, not to be confused with a “To Do” list, it’s a damn “I will get this list of shit done today” list. Its a mindset, and works wonders!
Be kind to yourself. Empower yourself, and don’t forget to give yourself some credit along the way. Balance won’t feel good if you’re cruel to yourself in creating it! We can get so caught up with our lives, our “omg, so gigantic” problems, that those things become bigger than ourselves, bigger than our happiness. The most important thing we can do is take care of ourselves because if we don’t do that, then we can’t take care of anyone, anything, or any situation fully. You might as well be a fucking hamster in a wheel. Break that cycle today! You rock, and you’re with it. You can do this, stop running in circles, and chill the ‘f’ out for a sec, evaluate your shit, and lets get balancing. This isn’t gonna happen in one day. It’s okay to be realistic with your goals, and take your time. This is your life path, no one else’s.